- CCSCC Board Meeting: Wednesday, June 7, 7 pm. Patacchia Room - City Hall.
- CCSCC Installation Dinner: Wednesday, June 21, Details on the Calendar Page.
- The Culver City Sister City Committee is the recipient of the 2017 Golden Oak Service Award (GOSA) – This award is given to recognize an individual or organization that has made significant contributions to the welfare of children and youth in a school or community and is the most prestigious of the Honorary Service Awards.
- Suppport the Culver City Sister City Committee by donating through our GoFundMe link for Iksan: GoFundMe.com.
- Suppport the Culver City Sister City Committee by donating through our GoFundMe link for Kaizuka: GoFundMe.com.
The Culver City Sister City Committee's mission is to:
Cultivate and maintain relationships with our four sister cities; Kaizuka, Japan; Uruapan, Mexico; Iksan, South Korea; and Lethbridge, Canada.
Undertake community based programs that foster international and intercultural understanding with our sister cities.
Leverage our contacts to promote the interests of Culver City in tourism, education, the environment, humanitarian assistance, culture and art.
Vocalize our common values through inter-city governmental dialogue.
Encourage active and direct youth involvement at the elementary, middle and high school levels, through annual student exchanges.
Reach out with cultural, educational and commercial programs and exchanges of people, ideas and materials, within and between Culver City and our sister cities.
Create grass root level friendships with the citizens of our international counterparts, such as the annual exchange of marathon runners with Kaizuka, Japan.
Invest in our youths by showing them the beauty of a multicultural world and the benefits that can be achieved through international cooperation.
Teach people of all ages about the diverse communities that are our sister cities and show how we can help others, such as supporting two orphanages in Mexico.
Yearn to make the world a better place.
More News and Updates:
Dear Culver City Sister City Committee members,
As you know, we have a group of wonderful volunteers on our CCSCC Board who donate their time, and energy, to continue delivering a wonderful program of Cultural Exchanges for the youths of Culver City. We could not have done it without you, our members!
In order to expand the activities of our visitors from our sister city of Iksan, S. Korea this coming summer, we would like to ask you to help us welcome our guests. We are asking for your generous donation of any amount, to help with the cost of hosting eight Korean students and three chaperones during their visit to Culver City. You can make a secure donation via our Gofundme campaign site and share the link with your friends and family.
We also have a Gofund me Campaign for Kaizuka, Japan. This program will raise money to defray the airfare costs for the families who are sending their kids to Kaizuka in July. Kaizuka Photo.
Let's make this exchange a memorable experience for our Korean guests and show them the hospitality of the people of Culver City.
Thank you. Sonia Karroum, Nancy Perdomo Browning
President, Vice President